2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon honey
salt and pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, plus more for topping 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded Havarti cheese
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
2 cups cherry heirloom tomatoes
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 egg, beaten
Everything bagel spice
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
• Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
• Add onions and honey and cook 5 minutes stirring occasionally until softened. • Add a dash of salt and pepper and continue cooking until onions caramelize and are golden.
• Add garlic and thyme and stir.
• Remove from heat.
• In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, tomatoes, vinegar, basil and a dash of salt and pepper.
• Lay the pastry sheet on floured surface and cut into 4 inch squares, then move to baking sheet.
• Top each square with onions, both kinds of cheese, and tomatoes, leaving a 1/4 in border.
• Fold edges of pastry inward to enclose the tomatoes.
• Brush edge with beaten eggs and sprinkle on everything bagel spice. • Cook 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
• Top with additional fresh thyme.