The word “elote” means “corn cob” in Spanish, and Mexican Elote is grilled corn on the cob slathered in a mayo cream sauce and garnished with chili powder, cheese, and lime.
4 ears of corn
1/4 cup Mexican Crema
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon ground chili powder 1/8 teaspoon salt
Juice of 1/2 a lime
2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
crumbled Cotija cheese
• Add the Mexican Crema, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, lime juice, and chopped cilantro into a small bowl.
• Stir together until combined.
• Preheat the grill.
• Place the corn directly on the grill and cook for about 3 minutes, then turn the corn to continue cooking other sides.
• Continue this until all sides are cooked. Remove from heat.
• Brush or spread the sauce onto the entire ear of corn.
• Add toppings as desired, Cotija, cilantro, Chile powder, additional lime juice.